Tuesday 21 April 2009

What exactly is Tim Geithner

Well, he's not a banker.

"I'm a lawyer and you're a banker," Silvers said at one point during a disagreement over the way the public's exposure to risk was being presented in a chart.

Geithner interrupted: "I've always been in public service," he said. Silvers went on, "But you were a banker."

"I've never been a banker," Geithner said.

He's not a lawyer.

I'm not an attorney, Congressman, so it would be hard for me to say.

He's not a regulator.

Ron Paul: "Well...any way. Any time a regulator comes in and says you're guilty of something Why doesn't the government have to prove he's guilty? Why can't we assume..."

Geithner: "Is that a criminal violation... or?"

Ron Paul: "Civil or criminal. Why not? I mean that's a principle that's been around for more than 1000 years, at least 800 years."

Geithner: "I'm not a regulator nor a lawyer unfortunately, so I'm not sure I can give you an adequate answer to that, but I'd be happy to think about it a little bit and get back to you.

So what the hell is he?

http://dealbreaker.com/2009/04/what-exactly-is-tim-geithner.php


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers